Monday, May 07, 2007

Wellfleet, Massachusettes

Newcomb Landing, Evening

In the past week I've gotten my "real" darkroom out of winter mothballs and hit a stone wall of plumbing problems only some of which I could handle by myself, so getting it back on line will have been pretty expensive. That's on top of the cramps I got from soldering fittings at floor level, under the sink, where I don't fit, on all the plumbing problems I could handle myself. But once done I was able to start in on my backlog of large format negatives from the past months. There aren't many (more on that later and in another venue) but some are quite nice.

I shot this view about ten years ago while teaching a workshop on Cape Cod, and loved the overall look of the 12x20 negative but there were some technical problems. I was delighted to recognize the same place with much better evening conditions while on the Cape a few weeks ago, and found that the 7x17 inch camera actually framed the view at least as well, with a wonderful late evening sky.

3 comments:

Ernest Theisen said...

That is a beauty.

Anonymous said...

It certainly is.

Bjorn said...

Just as it is
Just as it should be