Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Bristol Realty

Bristol, Connecticut

They may have moved to another location, I don't know. Once again, this closing predates the current economic crisis.

Meanwhile, yesterday afternoon I continued a current project trying to get some views of a nearby Land Preserve for use in their fund raising communication efforts.


Washington, Connecticut

I'm not sure how I feel about doing this work in color. But hiking up from the parking area at the center right of the picture, over to the right of the big green field, is a lot easier with a little pack of dslr equipment than an 8x10 view camera rig.

4 comments:

Don and Sher said...

I never heard of Washington Ct. looks like a beautiful area.

Carl Weese said...

Next town northwest of us here at Woodbury. Not only is it a beautiful place, but a substantial amount of property has been preserved (but still open to the public as a park) by the Steep Rock Association.

lyle said...

8x10 or 7x17? In any event, the color work is great and I would guess more appropriate to the audience you are trying to reach and what they are going to do with it (at least more appropriate in THEIR eyes). I would suggest that your yearning for a large format here has a lot to do with your connection to this area and knowing what you can do emotionally with the large format to express how you feel about the land. Yes/no?

Carl Weese said...

Lyle, well, yes, that shot would beg for the 7x17, which is actually lighter than my 8x10 so maybe I'll give that a go too.