Sunday, February 07, 2010

Brick Wall, IV (Arcade Bowling Lanes)

Torrington, Connecticut


With digital capture, I temporarily file each day's work in a folder within a folder for the whole month. At the end of the month I copy the best shots of each day into a Selects folder for the month. Then I copy the original month folder onto an archive drive and clear those gigs off the main computer. What happens next is that I see the best stuff from the month all together in the Selects folder (all files are renamed in a format that forces them to automatically sort into chronological order).

As soon as the Selects folder was assembled for January, this series of Brick Walls just jumped out at me from the browser. Some are from Turners Falls, MA and some from Torrington, CT, but they formed a virtual group as soon as I saw them together.

2 comments:

Admin said...

Carl, I really like this photo, particularly the windows. The partly open window gives a glimpse of what is inside (and another window!) and the other windows reflect what is outside.

Don and Sher said...

I like the folder idea, I have been doing it seperately.
Brick work can be interesting and is getting to be a thing of the past with old brick demolition being bulldozed back into the earth.