Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weeds, Gray Barn, Morning Mist

North Petersburg, New York

Friday morning, heading for western Vermont.

The power went out here just before seven Sunday morning. It just came on just now, about eight Tuesday night. The big HP printer didn't like being down for more than two days, coming up making nasty fan noises that call for an orderly shut down and another restart, at least. No direct damage here from the storm, other than the effects of two and a half days without power.

2 comments:

David said...

My wife and I figured that you were off the air due to Irene. I'm glad you came through it with no real damage. My sympathy goes out to those who had it bad.

Carl Weese said...

Thanks, David. No power got old really fast, and was really old 2.5 days in. But out here, a couple miles from town on the state highway, we were on again late Tuesday evening, while today, Wednesday, most of Main Street was still out. I got a check in my PO box (the Post Office retail was closed with no power for transactions) and took it down to the bank, where they sent me to the drive up window, where a clerk sitting in the dark sent out the tray, and sent back a handwritten receipt of deposit. Given that he looks about 25, I wondered how/where he'd ever been trained even to do that?